Wednesday, August 25, 2010

You have saved our lives - we are eternally grateful

The last three days have been amazingly fun and challenging and wonderful. Just like the rest of the program.

I spent Monday and Tuesday at the park with new friend Beau and old friend Julie. I love them both and so it was absolutely fantastic. I got to see World of Color and ride some great rides and make new friends!

Today was the first day of OJT (On the Job Training). It was great! We started at 11:45, got our costumes, and then took a massive tour of backstage and onstage. We learned where the offices were, scheduling, costuming, eating...pretty much where everything was. I was trained in guest interaction today - so basically herding people during parades. I didn't think I was going to like it much, but SURPRISE - I loved it! It's a great opportunity to listen to fun music and interact with guests. Plus I can wear pins when I work that, so even better.

I also loved our trainer Cyle. He was fun, informative, and made me feel so comfortable with everything I was doing. I can't wait to get training on the rides the next few days - I'm sure he's going to teach me everything I need to know and make me feel like a star doing it!

But anyway, I have to be in at 5am tomorrow (puke) and am writing this as I wait for the Nyquil to kick in, so I must bid you all farewell. More later!

3 comments:

  1. I hope your 5 am call time wasn't too gross today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you use the Nyquil to fall asleep or because you weren't feeling well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been sick...but last night was just to fall asleep

    ReplyDelete