Friday, August 27, 2010

See you later, trash cans!

Today was a potential disaster.

So I check my alarm before falling asleep last night and it says 6am, on. Good to go, right?

Wrong.

I wake up this morning and look at my phone. 6:30. I'm sorry, what? I need to be clocked in at the tomorrowland break room in exactly 30 minutes! I literally fly out of bed, grab all of my stuff, and run to the car. I brush my teeth and put my shoes and socks on in the car, impatiently wait for the shuttle, and run to the office.

Luckily I managed to clock in with 2 minutes to spare. Disaster averted.

After that the day was relatively calm. I started to learn EO which was a lot of fun - the two greeter positions offer quite a bit of guest interaction and chances to smile and laugh. We took an adventure to the west side of the park which was fun to see something new, and I learned how to clean the 3D glasses which is a relaxing, assembly line type job. I fell asleep while reading the Operating Guide again, so I had to use my tools of jumping jacks and stretching to keep me awake.

Tomorrow we learn the theater (spiels here I come!) and how to close down the ride. Another long day learning everything Tomorrowland, but I am absolutely loving it so I can't wait.

For now it's nap/recuperating time (my knee is a hurting a bit so I want to stretch that out too) then tonight I believe I'm going to see Fantasmic with some friends. I'm excited because I haven't seen that in quite a while.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment