Thursday, August 26, 2010

Attention Space Travelers!

Day 2 of OJT!

Today I got to learn the Astro Orbitors. Yes, I got to Disneyland at 5am. No, the sun wasn't up yet. Yes, it was empty and weird with the custodial staff cleaning everything...but guess what! When they made an announcement for the cast, it was the same announcer guy voice! My trainer then told me that apparently it's some dude in Michigan with a home studio and they send him whatever they want him to say. Crazy. But anyway.

So we learned how to open the ride and work all of the controls and everything. It's pretty basic, but it's really exciting holding peoples lives in your hands....muahahahaha. but seriously, you feel powerful. wearing that name tag gives you endless confidence.

Lacey and I learned the ride super quick, so then we had to go read the Operating Guide. All 122 pages of it. I had to keep slapping myself and doing jumping jacks so that I would stay awake! That was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

But then we went back to practice a bit, and then we had our Practical Assessment. I was a little stressed at first because the manager came down pretty much RIGHT when things were going a little crazy and I was frazzled, but I didn't forget anything and I kept my cool. Then when I got to work the tower and do the spiel over the mic I totally rocked it. Thanks speech training!

So yes, now I am signed off on the Astro Orbitors - fully able to operate the ride by myself! Tomorrow I start to learn EO (at 7am...not as early but still unpleasant) and I'm stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment