Thursday, January 13, 2011

This is our festival you know and best of all we're here to share it all

The last few days have been pretty quiet compared to the craziness of my road trip extraordinare. I moved into Cumberland park without any issues - got all my stuff put away and organized (i love doing that...) and met the lovely roommates.

Check in with Disney had a few slight hitches (for example, apparently my hair was not disney look appropriate for florida, so I dyed it back to brown. I was on the fence about keeping it blonde anyway, so I was happy to have the decision made for me). Also, Jillian made the mistake of not reading the application completely when she filled it out, so that meant she put "no" as the answer for "will you be fingerprinted". This has caused many issues throughout this whole PI process because it looks seriously sketchy that I didn't want to be fingerprinted, when in reality I just made a mistake. I think it's all been squared away though.

The ultimate was that my background check took an extra day to clear, so the evening before I was supposed to go to Traditions, I received a call saying that my whole status was being placed on hold. Um, what? I drove all the way out to Florida and now I can't work?? I spent a little while stressing about that (after all, I know no one in Florida, AND I didn't have my ID so that meant no park access...there's only so much Harry Potter world a girl can go to alone), but I received a call today saying that I am all clear to attend Traditions tomorrow and start my training on Sunday. Needless to say, I am relieved.

As for everything else...I have a pass to Universal Studios and am already halfway to making it pay for itself. I'm sure I'll be going quite frequently (and convince everyone around me to get one too :-D). There are outlets RIGHT next to my apartment so I had some fun today exploring those, and I have watched almost all of season 1 of the Tudors over the past 2 days. I've met quite a few other Professional Interns and they're all very nice and interesting. I can't wait to keep meeting new people and hearing all about their lives!

More to come after I start my orientation and training I'm sure - let's see how WDW Traditions compares to DLR! (maybe i'll dominate at the Disney timeline because i JUST learned it)

1 comment:

  1. Oh oh! Season 2 of the Tudors gets even better! It's the best in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete