Tuesday, January 4, 2011

On the road again

Epic Road trip begins in 2 days

I must admit...I'm nervous. I don't know if I ever would have dreamed that I would drive across the country - let alone during winter!

As of right now, our route is as follows:
San Jose --> Las Vegas --> Albuquerque --> Austin --> New Orleans --> Orlando

Day 6 is for visiting Wizarding World of Harry Potter and relaxing.

The part of the trip that makes me nervous is the San Jose/Vegas/Albuquerque part. The weather/mountain passes have me quite intimidated, and my mom's constant anxiety is rubbing off on me. I have faith that God will look out for me on these treacherous roads, but I'm still apprehensive. I could have chosen a less hazardous route that took me through LA and Phoenix (and it would be lovely to see the amazing Cassie and Macey and Amanda and Rebecca etc...) but I want to see something new. I want to have experiences that I may never get again. I want to savour every second of this adventure.

There is something to be said for playing it safe...but then again I can tend to be one to push the envelope. I suppose what it comes down to is as long as the internet still tells me the roads are fine come Thursday, we will be driving through Albuquerque

Side note: I am so excited to try legit New Orleans beignets. My mouth is watering just THINKING about it


The end of college program was so bittersweet. You don't find people like the ones I met there every day. These individuals were truly something special, and I mourn that fact that we can't all be together like that again. Sometimes I hate how much life changes...and yet I embrace it at the same time. If life didn't toss me around into all these unexpected places, I never would have met these incredible people in the first place. And I know they will keep their place in my heart forever.

In the meantime I must prepare for a journey - and I'm not just talking about the 50 hour drive looming on the horizon. I have so much to learn out east and I can't wait to get started

1 comment:

  1. Jirrian, you're going to have the most amazing experience. I'm excited to hear all about it :)
    And we'll all be here when you return!! Reunion(s) 2011, anyone?

    ReplyDelete