Monday, January 17, 2011

Magic your way

Day 2 of Global GR Training complete!

Today was another fun filled day of learning how to fully utilize all of the tools available to us in GR. We learned about Lost and Found (articles and guests!), Guest Recovery, how to find information on the hub, how to make dining reservations, and then did some elearning. Because I am new to the resort I had the most eclasses to take - 6 to be exact! It took me about 2 hours, but I felt very accomplished when I completed my last course. I now feel very book smart about GR...but I can't wait to get into the field and start some hands on learning! I'm sure a lot of these situations will be things that come with time and practice.

After class I went to pick up my costume. I'm a little anxious to be checked out on my first day of OTJ training because I want to be in perfect Disney look and I had to conquer costuming alone, but I'm sure everyone will be very helpful in making sure I am completely put together.

I've also learned that I have some serious research to do. I don't know the names of restaurants or where ATMs are or so much basic information that I took for granted at Disneyland. That's why my next few days off will be dedicated to studying those parks! (Oh poor Jillian, she has to go play in theme parks for her job. heehee)

Can't wait to start learning about ticketing too! I've been told that at DTD that will be a very important function of my role. So much to learn and so excited to keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment