Sunday, July 1, 2012

Dreams do come true

I've been waiting until it was 100% official to announce it, but considering I've been here almost a week, I figured it's time to tell everyone what I'm doing :)

I've been offered the incredible opportunity to be a vocalist on Azamara Cruise Line (Royal Caribbean's luxury brand).  Rehearsals are in Hollywood, FL until August 20th, whereupon I will be flown out to Lisbon, Portugal to join the ship.  Our itinerary is mind blowing- we start by circling the Mediterranean through France, Spain, Italy, Greece, etc.  We then travel through the Suez Canal to Israel, India, and then throughout Asia. 

As for my role, I'm female vocalist number 2 for 4 different shows. They are all cabaret style and feature 4 singers, 2 dancers, and 1 ballroom couple.  Stagedoor to Dreams is the show that we have begun learning, and it is a revue of many classic Broadway hits.  Voices features different musical styles throughout the years- and is accompanied entirely by the human voice. Play, Stop, Rewind is a very dance heavy show with great hits like Footloose and Time of My Life. And finally, Cafe del Amore features songs in English, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese. 

I'm so thrilled at the diversity and challenges of the shows I'll be learning.  I have 2 months to get it all down pat, and I've only gotten started.  My co-stars are wonderful.  We vary from first timers to cruise ship veterans, but seeing as we are the 2nd cast to ever learn these shows, we're all at square one.

So that's my exciting news that I've been so obnoxiously refusing to talk about!  It broke my heart to leave Disney- in fact, it's still very bizarre that I'm not there now.  It's been the one constant over the last two crazy years, and all of a sudden it's missing.  But gypsy Jillian has been itching for some adventure, and God served it up good!

I'll make sure to update frequently, but for now my life is eat, work out, rehearse, eat again, sleep, repeat- so not a whole lot to say on a daily basis. Oh, and the reason it's not 100% confirmed is that it is dependent on passing my medical exam, but I had it the other day in Miami and everything seemed to go well, so barring any surprises, it's all a go!  

So happy I could finally share!

No comments:

Post a Comment