Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mambo Italiano

First of all, I love this Rosemary Clooney Pandora station more than I love most things.

Now to the meat and potatoes of things:
not that I eat meat anymore.

I start work tomorrow (at Starbucks) and then I have Traditions on Friday. I'm unbelievably excited to get my nose back to the grindstone. Did I just say that? I'm EXCITED for work? I guess there is such thing as too much vacation.

I think it has a lot to do with my need to keep busy so I don't think about how much I miss Orlando. Well, not Orlando the city specifically, because quite frankly I happily washed my hands of that place. No, I miss my people. My family. Yes I still talk to them constantly, but I miss their hugs and their laughs and the comfort they provided me.

Don't get me wrong- I have that here as well. Friday night dress up with Macey was the frivolous activity that I've been craving. But I still feel like a part of me is missing. You think I'd be used to it by now, considering how many random adventures I've been on. But no, I just keep adding to my list of people I miss dearly.

So moral of this story, I'm looking forward to having work to distract myself and also offer an avenue to make more friends. That way maybe I won't resort to watching the Super Bowl by myself. And I don't even like football.

No comments:

Post a Comment