Friday, July 16, 2010

The Road to Tomorrow!

Quick update - only 1 month until I head down to Anaheim! I am so excited I can barely stand it. I just have to get through this paper, my sister's wedding, and a fantastic vacation to Disneyworld and Harry Potter World! (What a horrible life I lead)

Last week I auditioned for the Aladdin show at DCA. I've auditioned for Disney a few times in the past and never made it anywhere. I always sit around at auditions for a few hours, go in, sing my 16 bars, and get dismissed with a "thank you for your time". In the past I haven't always sung my best, so I always blame my lack of advancement on that; however, this time, I totally ROCKED "Just Around the Riverbend". I mean, it's a pretty easy song, so there's no way my singing ruled me out. So I have now reached the conclusion that I am just too tall to perform for Disney. Which sucks, because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

On the other hand, I also auditioned to be a host for Innoventions - a job that doesn't have a height requirement! The audition included more waiting (of course) and then we auditioned in groups of 10. We were each asked a few questions about ourselves, then given one of the monologues to read. It was pretty easy and fun - I just got to be myself! Only problem? Training is for three weeks starting August 7th - non negotiable. Fiona's wedding? Saturday August 7th. There is NO WAY I am missing that. So when they called to offer me the job, I unfortunately had to decline. Major bummer. But it would also mean that I wouldn't get to participate in the college program anymore. No college housing with awesome roommates, no classes, no fun activities...no. I am happy with the decision I made.

And maybe I can audition again in 6 months when my program is over. If they wanted me once, why wouldn't they want me again? :)

1 comment:

  1. You have to audition for an Innoventions host? I didn't know that! Interesting. I'm sorry I can't give you my height - I'm 5'3, and no where near your talent :( At least you've still got the Jungle Cruise possibility :)

    and AAAAHHHHH at the one month! It's coming so fast!

    ReplyDelete