Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent

Good morning, friends! Happy Ash Wednesday! Would that be the proper terminology? Happy Ash Wednesday? Regardless, you're reading this right now because you are curious about why I'm saying goodbye to facebook. Well, for the next 46 days, I am going to be facebook free. (And TV free for that matter too)

I've been working on actively seeking Christ every moment of every day, and to be perfectly honest, facebook and television are a huge distraction. My goal for this next month and a half is that whenever I want to watch a TV show or surf facebook, instead I will do a Bible study, or read a book, or say a prayer, or have some worship time. The purpose of Lent is to turn our minds to God. To take these vices that we have made into idols and replace them with time with God.

It's definitely going to be difficult. Even now I find myself wanting to check and see if anyone posted comments on my new pictures, or update a status about my day. But what is that achieving really? I'm hoping that through this fast I will become a more complete person through the study of scripture and unlimited alone time with my Lord and Savior.

If you need to reach me I will still be readily accessible through email and my phone, and I also plan on updating this blog with what I'm learning and going through. So stay tuned!

And now I bid you adieu. Pray for me friends, and see you in 46 days.

1 comment:

  1. can I just say that I miss you? I can? Ok, here goes: I MISS YOU!

    I pray that this will be an enlightening, calming, and beneficial Lent time for you!

    ReplyDelete