Sunday, March 27, 2011

Jamaica, Bahamas, come on pretty mama

Hello friends! Since moving to Orlando I have been attending church at First Baptist Orlando, and God has been making huge waves in my life. He has been pushing me to do more work in His ministry and spread the gospel to everyone I meet. I joined a group of college students that witnesses to the Disney College Program students through bible studies, dinner nights, and handing out breakfast at the bus stop at 6am. I’m not sleeping much, but I have never felt so awake.

Most recently God has called me to join First Baptist’s college group Amp’d on a mission trip to Jamaica this July. We are going to be working with Won by One to Jamaica ministries and living in the small community of Harmons, assisting with physical labor, caring for the children, and witnessing to the people of Jamaica. I cannot wait to see what lessons God has to teach me through this experience, and I am thrilled for yet another opportunity to show His love to people who may have never seen it before.

Now a trip like this takes a lot of support, and that’s what I’m coming to you for. More than anything I need your encouragement and prayer, but should you feel compelled, a monetary donation towards my travel would be greatly appreciated. Each student has to raise $1,425 by July (not an easy feat), so every little bit counts. I would also greatly appreciate if you would share my situation with friends or family that may be willing to offer their support (spiritual or otherwise). Any spare funds I raise will be applied towards the other students accompanying me on this journey, so nothing will go to waste!

I hope all is well with you – if you need to ask any further questions or contact me, please do it by email (Lawson.jillian@gmail.com) or phone (408 460 8255). God bless!

Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment